"For life is more than food"

"FOR LIFE IS MORE THAN FOOD"
REMEMBER: THE KEY TO A DELICIOUS AND YUMMY DISH IS "ALWAYS" FRESH INGREDIENTS!

April 04, 2013

COOKING INA'S CREAMY CHICKEN CURRY



Let me share to you one of the classic dish I made and if I may remember it correctly, I have cooked this over a thousand times already. Why? Because this is indeed one of my son's favorite dish. Among which are, Sinigang na Baboy, Adobong Baboy, Nilagang baboy. All traditional Filipino dish. But this dish captured the heart of my son maybe because of the different flavor it has. It has a distinct taste and blend so well with coconut milk giving this dish a delightful, creamy and savory taste you will surely enjoy. Allow me to share with you the simple recipe and I hope you will try and enjoy this dish with your family. Happy eating!


COOKING INA'S CREAMY CHICKEN CURRY

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 kilo of Chicken Breast
2-3 Medium sized potatoes cut in wedge
2 Medium sized Carrots sliced
1 Medium sized Red Bell Pepper cut into julienne
2-3 pcs Jalapeno/local green pepper
Spring onion for garnishing
1 cup Coconut milk
3 tbs Curry powder
1 tbs Fish sauce to taste
2 tbs Minced garlic
1 medium sized Onion sliced
2 tbs Ginger
Salt and pepper to taste

Procedure:

  1. Fry carrots and potatoes in oil and separate. On a wok pan saute garlic, onion and ginger and then put the chicken breast
  2. Let it simmer until the chicken is cooked and tender
  3. Season with salt and pepper and a little of fish sauce to taste
  4. Add the curry powder
  5. Then pour in the coconut milk and let it simmer for awhile until it cooked then put the carrots, potatoes and bell peppers and jalapeno
  6. Serve it in a platter and garnish it with spring onions on top.


 COOKING INA'S CREAMY CHICKEN CURRY





5 comments:

  1. Wonderful creamy recipe & I love curry! Thks for coming by & leaving your sweet note! Looking fwd to sharing our culinary adventure & have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congratulations for this blog best friend!I'm sure this is going to be a hit in no time.

    I love curry too. I had developed varieties of versions for this delicious dish due to taste preferrence of the "eaters". I have friends who prefers the classic creamy curry version while others finds it too cloying so I do the half-half mixture (half coconut cream and half fresh or evap milk). I fry my potatoes and carrots as well but so as the chicken pieces. I seasoned and seared them just to seal all the nice juices before the proper cooking process begins. Try adding celery and fresh tanglad (lemon grass)which are staple in Philippine markets than here in Kuwait (I froze some if I could get my hands on them on rare opportunities). They totally make the wonderful difference in taste and aroma of the dish.

    I'm so glad you get to blog your great dishes. You should share your passion and cooking skills to the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Besty, and you need a lot of working to do too!!It's time also that you share your poem to the world!!I know it has been piling up "there" already (thanks to the "soft copy" tech). Let the world know!!

      Delete