"For life is more than food"

"FOR LIFE IS MORE THAN FOOD"
REMEMBER: THE KEY TO A DELICIOUS AND YUMMY DISH IS "ALWAYS" FRESH INGREDIENTS!

September 27, 2013

HOME MADE CHINESE KIKIAM

I think I have the need to really update my blogsite as well, my plate has been very full lately as I launched several food items, food delivery service and catering service, plus my writing and research work as my active income generating stuff. There has been some proposal here and there, calls here and there, email inquiry and update of my website too. Hey I am not complaining, I am happy with what my life has been lately, its just that I never had so much time to document all the dishes that I cook. I think now is the perfect time to share my recipe with you as I also plan to include this in my menu list. This recipe is my version of the Chinese Kikiam. Check it out...and I need to make a special mention to a friend Joey/Jenna for harassing me to blog this recipe right away...hahaha Thanks Joey!!



INGREDIENTS:

I/2 Kilo Ground pork
1/4 cup Shrimp minced (you can use dried shrimp)
1/4 cup grated carrots
1/4 cup  minced onion
1/4 cup minced garlic
1 tbsp 5 spiced powder
2 eggs
3 tbsp cornstarch or rice flour
2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 package of 10 pieces beancurd sheets (Tawpe)

PROCEDURE:

  1. Mix all ingredients together and let it stand for 20 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
  2. After 20 minutes, prepare to wrap it in Tawpe. 
  3. Once done, steam it for 30-45 minutes. 



4. After steaming, allow it to cool down before frying. Then fry it over a hot oil until golden brown on both sides. 


    5. Prepare the sauce and serve. 

Enjoy cooking!!!







1 comment:

  1. Please do post your comments here as I would love to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete