"For life is more than food"

"FOR LIFE IS MORE THAN FOOD"
REMEMBER: THE KEY TO A DELICIOUS AND YUMMY DISH IS "ALWAYS" FRESH INGREDIENTS!

April 07, 2013

COOKING INA'S BEEF PARES



There you go, I found the Beef Pares photo on my archive and as I promised, I'll share with you the recipe. 
I have two version of this recipe and the difference is actually the meat cuts that I used. The first one, I used Beef camto and the other one, bone marrow. I also made 2 types of preparation, one is I serve this over with rice and then soup on the side and the other one is served over noodles. Both ways is a hit and blockbuster to my family. One tip that I have to share is you need to prepare the dish a day before because it requires a very slow and long cooking process especially if you prefer to use the bone marrow. I don’t prefer the pressure cooker because slow and long cooking process especially with beef is much tastier and tender. Tender in a way that it never becomes saggy and corned beefy texture (I hate it!) Much more so if you cook this using charcoal stove or kalan de uling, you’ll get the best result.  But then again if you will be using the prime cuts like the tenderloin or sirloin 1 to 1 ½ hours of boiling is quite enough to cook the dish.

Ingredients

½ Beef Camto
1/4 cup Dark Soy Sauce
3 tbs Brown Sugar
3 pcs Star Anise
1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
3 tbs Oyster sauce
Sesame Oil
2 tbs Minced Garlic
Fried garlic for garnishing
Spring Onion for garnishing
Cornstarch/water mixture

In a large sauce pan, pour in water, star anise, cinnamon powder and beef camto and bring to a boil over very slow cooking process. Once it’s tender, separate the meat to the broth. In a bowl combine soy sauce, brown sugar, oyster sauce and sesame oil the set aside. Then fry the minced garlic until crispy and golden brown (make sure not to burn the garlic or it will taste bitter) and then set it aside for garnishing. In another sauce pan, sauté garlic, onion and beef, pour over the condiments and the cornstarch mixture to thicken the sauce. Season it with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with rice and garnish it with garlic and spring onion and the soup on the side. Or it can also be served with noodles, garnish with garlic and spring onion and pour in the soup and enjoy!

Beef Pares with rice


Beef Pares with rice

Beef Pares in Noodles




2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the recipe, bestie! I'm sure going to make this very soon and serve for dinner in one of our weekly Bible Study sessions. I'll post the end result in my blog and let you know.

    Keep on cooking bestie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Besty!Will be waiting for that!Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete