"For life is more than food"

"FOR LIFE IS MORE THAN FOOD"
REMEMBER: THE KEY TO A DELICIOUS AND YUMMY DISH IS "ALWAYS" FRESH INGREDIENTS!

April 10, 2014

BEST OF EUROPE: A Monumental Collection of Finest European Gastronomy

I have the honor to be part of the event of the TM 111 Event Management Class of Asia Pacific College in Magallanes Makati City last March 27, 2014. I was one the guest cook for the three European Cuisine served during the event. The three countries of Europe which I researched and practiced for their food sampling selection was the traditional dish from Belgium, this food were the typical food served during their lunch or dinner. The Country Ham and Cheddar Tar tines, Moules Marinieres which is Mussels served with Belgian Frites or more like of a french fries that we are used to. For the dessert I prepared Belgian Chocolate Fondue. In Greece, lunch or dinner are mostly served with Greek Salad, Souvlaki  in Pita Bread with Tzatziki and Yoghurt Drink as dessert. Switzerland, like any other countries in Europe celebrated each meal with Prosciutto or Bundnerfleisch, Salami, Olives Antipasto, Rosti and Cervelat with Gruyere Cheese Fondue and concluded the meal with some awesome Swiss Chocolate Truffles.

Another guest during the said event is none other than the resident and celebrity chef of GMA's Unang Hirit, Chef Ric Loteria. He demonstrated some of his finest dish and shared some culinary tips to the students. I had the chance to speak with Chef Ric and I would say he's very sensible and down to earth just like some of the other good chefs that I met. It was really my pleasure meeting him in person. 

Doing a back to back cooking demonstration with Chef Ric, I presented the healthy cooking using the very safe and elegant cookware from Royal Prestige. I was so happy to see that even the student nowadays were really interested in healthy cooking and doing the explanation for the benefit of eating and living a healthy lifestyle is important to start at the very young age. 

It was a whole day event for the student of Asia Pacific College acknowledging the monumental collection of European cuisine as the theme of their event. The experience for me was wonderful and I enjoyed every moment of it knowing that I have shared something to the students. 

Here  are the photos during the event.



































No comments:

Post a Comment