"For life is more than food"

"FOR LIFE IS MORE THAN FOOD"
REMEMBER: THE KEY TO A DELICIOUS AND YUMMY DISH IS "ALWAYS" FRESH INGREDIENTS!

July 24, 2013

BRINGING SINGAPORE TASTE INTO YOUR PLATE AT THE NOVENA MALL


Novena Church Altar
Guys, bear with me. I am about to end my blogs about my Singapore food and dine journey with one or two more blogs. I am really so glad and excited about the  food from other places and make my own version which in turn I would like to share with you. I had the chance to roam around the area about 5 or 6 station away from the place where I stayed. This place is where the Novena Church is located so I get to memorize the bus number going here and vice versa. I went here couple of times to hear the Sunday Mass and the Wednesday Novena Mass.  The church was built beautifully and you feel the solemnity of the place. Here is the facade of the Church:

Novena Church


And just beside the church, a few minutes walk is the Novena Mall. It has a variety of restaurants that offers different cuisine and of course the local Singapore cuisine. This is another Japanese restaurant that caught my attention, TONKATSU KAZAN RAMEN (Kazan- meaning volcano in Japanese) and I would say the ramen are fantastic. Well, fantastic enough for me that I was able to discover how it is cooked and made especially the soya bean paste that they add to your ramen on top. They call it Kazan Ramen because they serve the ramen in stone bowl and they will cover the bowl with  a cone like thing for one minute to let the steam come out. I actually don't have any clue why do they need to cover it with the cone at all. The ramen is perfect for me. I chose the miso based soup and it tasted so perfect for me. They have something on top of the ramen which they call soya bean paste. It tasted real good and I tried making my own version of it. Watch out soon for the recipe. 

KAZAN MISO RAMEN


And I had so much fun and delectable experience with this Japanese Restaurant. By the way, Gyoza tasted equally great. I really had so much of this.





Overall dining experience? from 1 to 5, 5 being the highest rating? For me it's 4 1/2!


No comments:

Post a Comment