"For life is more than food"

"FOR LIFE IS MORE THAN FOOD"
REMEMBER: THE KEY TO A DELICIOUS AND YUMMY DISH IS "ALWAYS" FRESH INGREDIENTS!

July 09, 2013

BRINGING SINGAPORE INTO YOUR PLATE: HAWKER CENTRE IN TOA PAYOH LORONG 8


If I have the luxury to travel around the world, one thing I will do back home is bring in the taste and the flavors of the different countries that I will be travelling to. And it may happen soon or may not at all, nobody else knows, but let me pledge to you and promise you that if it is going to happen, I will share to you my experience and food adventure out there. So far, the farthest place that I have been into is Singapore. It happened last year and I stayed for a short period of time. I had with me some of the best dish and well loved food out there. I have shared to you one already, which is the Cereal Prawns. I will post some of my version of recipes in my journey in bringing Singapore Hawker into your plate. 


@Toa Payoh Lorong 8 Hawker Centre


When I travel locally and even abroad, the very first thing that I look for is the marketplace, the food centres, and their local groceries stores. I am so engross and delighted to see different kinds of vegetables that they have, the spices that they use and the way they cook it. Image above only shows how fascinated I am with those bunch of green leaves.



looking around for some good stuff

I always look and search for something unique, unique smell, unique taste and even unique appearance. The more it looks unusual to me, the more I get so fascinated about it. When I scored a unique piece of spices or vegetables I even ask the "Aunties" or the sales ladies what dishes is being paired to those vegetable, what dish is best served with the spices I get interested to and a never ending interview with them. Good thing they were so approachable and kind. 


still looking around
Hainanese Chicken

I have been hearing a lot about this dish and never tried cooking until I tasted it there. Wow! Truly this dish is one of the many pride of Singapore dishes. The chicken is so tender and flavorful, pairing it up with the rice cooked in chicken stock is equally magnificent and so delicious. Adding up some spicy condiments on the side to tickle your taste buds even more, Man' what will you get??Perspiring all over and enjoying it much like it's going to be your last supper. I will share my version of Hainanese Chicken on my next blog so stay connected!

LAKSA

Another sure fire heat (hit) literally in a bowlful of ingredients and flavor. This dish called Laksa is creamy, spicy and flavorful. I was really perspiring all over even before I finished the whole bowl. I brought home the flavor of this Laksa and made my own version. It'll be shared to you also on my next blog.


enticingly pickled chilies that you could pair to almost any dish
Chicken satay and peanut sauce
dumplings which is extra big in size and my large size freshly squeezed sugar cane

enjoying other dishes like this noodle which I already forgot the name

Concluding this whole experience in Toa Payoh Lorong 8 Hawker Centre, it was an experience of a lifetime and dish recipes which I brought back home to share with you and bring into your plate, the taste of Singapore. 



there I was looking so big and full with all the foods I consumed while refreshing my self up with my sugar cane juice!!

                                     

















No comments:

Post a Comment