"For life is more than food"

"FOR LIFE IS MORE THAN FOOD"
REMEMBER: THE KEY TO A DELICIOUS AND YUMMY DISH IS "ALWAYS" FRESH INGREDIENTS!

May 16, 2013

COOKING INA'S CLAM AND CHOWDER (the 4 C's)

Been receiving "a lot" of requests from my friends and relatives for some recipes they want to be featured here in my blogsite.  And I am just as half a crazy to look over my old files to find if I was able to cook the dish they requested some time ago. Well, lucky me as I found this soup dish that my Ate Olive requested. I just hope this is exactly what she's been looking for. Actually her request is a soup dish intended for older people (I don't know why but I guess she is into nursing home for the old). This dish is called the Clam and Corn Chowder and it is so easy to prepare. Guys, bear with me as I need to feature all my old files of recipes first before I feature the new ones. Enjoy cooking!

Cooking Ina's Clam and Corn Chowder

Ingredients:
1/2 kilos Clams
1 cup Corn (corn removed from the cob or cream of corn)
2 tbs minced Garlic
1 medium sized Onion sliced
1 cup/ 1 bunch Chili Leaves or you can also use Basil leaves and Spinach
Salt and Pepper
1 liter Chicken Soup stock
Water and cornstarch mixture

Procedure:


Saute garlic and onions, then add the clams until its cooked. The shell will be open and that is when you know its cooked. Add in the corn, if you can find fresh corn you just need to removed it from the cob or if its not available you can use the canned cream of corn. Pour in the chicken stock and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then put on the leaves and immediately turn off the fire. Serve hot.

Remember: The key to a delicious and yummy dish is fresh ingredients.

"For life is more than food "

Please drop me a comment as I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment