"For life is more than food"

"FOR LIFE IS MORE THAN FOOD"
REMEMBER: THE KEY TO A DELICIOUS AND YUMMY DISH IS "ALWAYS" FRESH INGREDIENTS!

May 18, 2013

COOKING INA'S MACAROON DELIGHT

It's gonna be a double treat today as I will feature 2 sumptuous, delicious and luscious recipe this sweet Sunday! It's true that the dessert is best served at the end of every meal but  this time I am gonna break that rule as I will present the dessert first. I cant wait to share this to you and again a big "Thanks" to a good friend and a high school buddy Regina or we fondly call her Jing for this request. By the way, this recipe is not only a nice dessert but also a quick snack over a hot cup of coffee or your favorite tea as merienda. I have to be honest that my cooking style is really a no recipe no measurement style. That means the measurement of every ingredients I put on the dish are estimated based on my experience. But this time, I have to follow some certain rules in baking  as simple error in measuring may ruin even the simplest baking recipe that you have. That is why I seldom bake as it require accuracy in measurement. Well now, I am doing the basic thing in baking and learn to follow the rules. Please check out the ingredients and how I done it. Enjoy cooking!

CIK Macarons Delight

Ingredients:
500grams desicated coconut
1 can 390 grams condensed milk
2 eggs
1 egg white to brush over the macarons for the gloss
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup butter

Procedure:
Beat the eggs. In a bowl, combine thoroughly all ingredients including the eggs. Then lay the mixture on parchment paper (using an ice cream scooper)or baking tray with cupcake paper just like the above photos. Brush over with egg white on top for the gloss. Bake in 300 to 350 degree F for 20 minutes. I wanted to cook it nice and slow in low heat so it'll not burn the top. When it turn perfectly golden brown in color. It's done and it's delicious!! Serve!!

Remember: The key to a delicious and yummy dish is fresh ingredients.

"For life is more than food"

Please drop me some comments as I would love to hear from you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment