"For life is more than food"

"FOR LIFE IS MORE THAN FOOD"
REMEMBER: THE KEY TO A DELICIOUS AND YUMMY DISH IS "ALWAYS" FRESH INGREDIENTS!

May 21, 2013

PORK BISTEK TAGALOG FILIPINO CLASSIC


I always wanted to be different in all aspects. I don't know if I am born like this or something in my past life has influenced me in being so. If the normal color is black, I want it white. If the normal taste is sweet, I want it bland. This recipe is no difference in my trip. Well there is no rule in cooking, like what I am always saying, if it looks good, smells good it'll surely tastes good. This is originally a Bistek or Beefsteak which means the meat to be used is beef. I don't exactly know the origin of using pork as a subs for a Bistek for that matter (maybe that is why they changed the spelling). But typically this dish is marinated and seasoned with soy sauce and calamansi (lemon for others) topped with white onion rings. But I made my own version and try if it works on your taste buds. Enjoy cooking!!

CIK BISTEK TAGALOG



Ingredients:
Pork Tenderloin
Patis or Fish sauce
Calamansi
Salt and Pepper to taste
Native Onion rings

Procedure:

Marinate the pork in fish sauce and calamansi and season with salt (just very little) and pepper for 2 hours or overnight. Then fry over a medium high heat in oil until golden brown. Set aside. Put some water in the marinade for there will be some leftover of it and add some more fish sauce and calamansi just enough for a sauce or to cover the meat. Add some little cornstarch to thicken. In a separate pan, pour in the marinade and stir until it thickens and add the onions and meat. Serve and enjoy.

Remember: The key to a delicious and yummy dish is fresh ingredients.

"For life is more than food"

Please drop me some comments as I would love to hear from you! ;) 

2 comments: