"For life is more than food"

"FOR LIFE IS MORE THAN FOOD"
REMEMBER: THE KEY TO A DELICIOUS AND YUMMY DISH IS "ALWAYS" FRESH INGREDIENTS!

May 13, 2013

COOKING INA'S ADOBONG DILAW (TURMERIC)

Our dinner last night was Adobong Atay at Balunbalunan ng manok cooked Cooking Ina's way. That means I cooked it plainly without the normal soy sauce for the adobo but with turmeric powder and local ginger. It gave me the idea to look over my old files and there I found the same recipe but its Chicken Adobong Dilaw. Dilaw because when you mix turmeric powder into the chicken it will turn into somewhat canary yellow in color. I was obsessed in using turmeric powder in my chicken adobo because it removes the odor (lansa) of the chicken. Plus the bright yellow color it gives and it enhances the flavor of your dish. Check out this chicken recipe and try cooking at home. By the way, I have to make a special mention to Noemi (Brat) for requesting me to feature more chicken recipes. Thanks Noemz and there you go!

Adobong Dilaw (Turmeric)
Ingredients:
Chicken Adobo cuts
Turmeric Powder
Local ginger fresh (luyang dilaw)
Garlic
Bird's Eye Chilies
Cane Vinegar
Bay leaf
Salt and pepper to taste
Sugar
Water

Procedure:
In a pan combine the Chicken Adobo cuts, minced garlic, turmeric powder, salt and pepper to taste, bay leaf, minced local ginger and a pinch of sugar. Put a cup of water and let it simmer until the chicken is cooked and tender. Pour in the vinegar and let it cooked for another 3 minutes. Do not stir at this time and do not put on the cover of the pan. After 3 minutes or until the chicken is a bit dried up, put it in the serving plate and top with bird's eye chilies for some heat. Enjoy cooking!!

Remember: The key to a delicious and yummy dish is fresh ingredients.

"For life is more than food"

I would love to hear from you! Write down your comments and I will reply as soon as I read those! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment