"For life is more than food"

"FOR LIFE IS MORE THAN FOOD"
REMEMBER: THE KEY TO A DELICIOUS AND YUMMY DISH IS "ALWAYS" FRESH INGREDIENTS!

April 28, 2013

CHEESY SPINACH BUTTER SPREAD


My husband and I were walking along the Binondo Chinatown Manila as we, well regularly on a weekly basis do it as part of "our therapy" ( I wont mention anything about it but I'll do a separate blog regarding that). Anyway, just as I was saying, I get to see this beautiful and green veggie called the "spinach". I bought a  big bunch of it with no particular recipe to cook in mind. And then we ran onto the grocery store to score a butter and cheese ( I ran out of it) and then look what I have done with this and really with no exaggeration it's a blockbuster!! And I would like to make a special mention to a dear college friend Con for the recipe request as I grab my computer first thing in the morning today to blog about it. There you go Con! 

Chinatown Manila
what we need
there you go!

Ingredients:

Spinach (blanch and wash with cold water then squeeze to remove the excess water just like the above image)

Milk
Butter
Cheese
Onion 
Garlic
Salt and pepper to taste

Procedure:

Mix all ingredients in food processor and viola! You'll get that appetizing, yummy and delicious Cheesy Spinach Butter Spread in an instant! So easy and amazing right?!
You can actually enjoy this as dip or you can also mix this with pasta just like any other pesto sauce.




4 comments: