"For life is more than food"

"FOR LIFE IS MORE THAN FOOD"
REMEMBER: THE KEY TO A DELICIOUS AND YUMMY DISH IS "ALWAYS" FRESH INGREDIENTS!

February 04, 2014

CHILI CON CARNE


I personally love this dish, I don't mind if I suffer from arthritis or gout or whatever they call it but I still want to indulge myself with eating fantastic bean recipes. And that is why I love this dish so much. You can actually eat this along with some nachos or soft tacos or eat it along with rice. For this recipe, I prepared it along side brown rice and salsa. And this dish is just so perfect. 




INGREDIENTS:

250 grams white beans (raw) canned beans can be substituted but I don't recommend (it's still best to have it homecooked)
250 grams red beans
500 grams ground lean beef
3 tbsp minced garlic
3 tbsp minced onion
3 pieces of green chilis
1 medium sized bell pepper
Celery
tomato sauce
salt and pepper to taste
pinch of sugar

Procedure:

  1. In a pressure cooker cook the white and red beans with 2 liters of water for about 30-45 minutes or depending on your pressure cooker cooking instruction.
  2. Once it is cooked, drain the remaining water and set aside.
  3. On a pan, saute garlic, onion ground beef and season with sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Add in the cooked beans, bell pepper, celery and pour over the tomato sauce. 
  5. Simmer for 10-15 minutes and add the chilies depending on your preference.
Cooking brown rice:
  1. I just cook brown rice in rice cooker but instead of putting water on it, I pour in any meat stock available or I put salt and pepper into the rice just before it is cooked.

Preparing Salsa:
  1. In a food processor, put tomatoes, onions and bell pepper and process. Season with salt and pepper and put in the fridge to chill before serving.





I promise, you will never go wrong with this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment