"For life is more than food"

"FOR LIFE IS MORE THAN FOOD"
REMEMBER: THE KEY TO A DELICIOUS AND YUMMY DISH IS "ALWAYS" FRESH INGREDIENTS!

August 22, 2013

SUMMER SALAD IN COUS COUS

There were times that my plate is full and I don't have enough time to write the recipes and post them right away. It's mostly I am posting photos and images and post the recipes later. Now, I tried  as quickly as possible to write about this wonderful salad recipe that I really fell in love with, literally and figuratively. I call it "Summer Salad in Cous Cous".







Ingredients:

Bunch of parsley
3 medium sized tomatoes chopped 
1 medium size white onion chopped
Celery chopped
Quarter cup Cous Cous 
Meat broth (boiled for Cous Cous)
EVOO or Extra Virgin Olive oil
Lemon or calamansi
Bed of Lettuce for garnishing ( you can actually eat them alongside)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Procedure:

  1. Once you have chopped everything, combine it altogther in a bowl and VIOLA!!
Procedure on how to make the cous cous:

Pour in a hot meat broth in a quarter cup of Cous cous and leave for 3 minutes to allow it to expand. Then when its all done, combine it together with the vegetables.

Note: It may have been difficult to find cous cous in groceries like SM, but I was able to find one in UNIMART (San Remo) in Greenhills for 105 per 500grms ( its bit expensive but believe me it goes a long way) it is also available in Rustans and Santis and costs a bit expensive so I wont recommend you to buy from them. I also got another pack from WOPEX (Divella) and its amazingly inexpensive at 85php per 500 grams. The distributor told me that it'll be available in our market soon (SM and other groceries). Or you can order from me but I will put some mark up already by 30% from 85php :) ....





This recipe is so quick and easy to make. You can pair this with the Cumin Beef Steak that I made some days ago and will post the recipe as soon as possible. This salad can also be eaten along with  wheat bread and lean beef cuts for a healthier meal.

Enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment