"For life is more than food"

"FOR LIFE IS MORE THAN FOOD"
REMEMBER: THE KEY TO A DELICIOUS AND YUMMY DISH IS "ALWAYS" FRESH INGREDIENTS!

July 17, 2013

BRINGING SINGAPORE INTO YOUR PLATE PART 5 TOA PAYOH CENTRAL

Even if my stay in Singapore is quiet a short period only, I had so much fun with the food. I may not have tasted everything but I guess I have tasted enough to satisfy and learned so much from it. I actually made several versions of it and I believe I am perfectly doing a great job (tell me if I'm bragging too much already hahaha). I may never had the chance to explore more especially dishes that are originally from Malaysia, but I can always research since the information is just a google and wikipedia away. In the place where I stayed, the only place I get myself familiar with were, Toa Payoh Lorong and Toa Payoh Central. Toa Payoh Central is where the MRT station and bus station is located. This is where I use to go alone as it is the farthest place I can ever go by myself (afraid of getting lost). It is where I ask my friends to meet me because it it the only place I knew during my stay there. Let me share one food that captured my attention. It's the "BEANSTALK"..it is more like a taho (Soya/pudding) with some beans on it, red beans, some glutinous balls and a lot more. It is so flavorful and it is so comforting. 

BEANS TALK

BEANS TALK
ENJOYING MUCH!

HAWKER PLACE
I got myself some of the other food that I find different and unique. I tasted every food that I see and try to contain all of it as much as I could. I found this noodle stall and tried to taste their noodles. What can I say? It's so delicious! It has an authentic taste that you wanted to eat every time. It is Char Shui and Crispy Wanton Noodles. Flavorful and so indulging!

Char Shui and Crispy Wanton Noodles
I got another one but I forgot how they call it, it tasted more like a fish ball with a size of the tennis ball and has a spicy dipping sauce. The combination of this and the noodles is perfect. 






It was a delicious experience and will look forward to having some more of Singapore's authentic food in the future when given a chance. 












No comments:

Post a Comment