"For life is more than food"

"FOR LIFE IS MORE THAN FOOD"
REMEMBER: THE KEY TO A DELICIOUS AND YUMMY DISH IS "ALWAYS" FRESH INGREDIENTS!

June 22, 2013

STREET SMARTING THE STREET FOOD.....JOURNEY 1

STREET SMART STREET FOOD THE TRUE  BLOODED LAS PINEROS

If you are a true blooded Las Pineros, you would probably know where this famous squid/chicken balls vendor is. When you are coming from Zapote going Alabang, on your right side just after Philam and Starmall (my place to be), the former Ever Gotesco, Las Pinas (closed for a long time already), there you will see Manong and his famous balls (ehem, doesn't sound good though). Anyway, when JJ and I are craving for squid balls and chicken balls, this place is the first thing that comes into our mind. And so we headed there while the rain is pouring just mildly before the sun began to set. I have a very strange feeling, why is it that squid balls and chicken balls bought from here tasted really nice and good? While I attempted to buy the best squid balls and chicken balls in the grocery and made my own sauce, I must confess, this should remain a big secret but, Yes I failed this....Not that I don't know how to cook it, c'mon you just have to fry it over with cooking oil and I made different sort of sauces in my entire life but man, I cant compare Manong's balls and sauces. I realized maybe its not the balls and the sauces that we are talking about that matters, it's about the "street foods" are really intended to eat on streets and not at home....the feeling of eating it out on the streets make it more delicious and yummy...make sense huh...btw, the cart is clean and hygienic, Manong wrap the cup of balls with tissue when he serve it.....the next time you pass by this area, try Manong's squid balls and you'll know what I mean.... enjoy!!













2 comments:

  1. I love squid balls, but we call them Sotong Balls in S'pore. Wonder if they taste the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shirley, cant say, I haven't got the chance to taste your squid balls over there during my short stay... :)

    ReplyDelete