"For life is more than food"

"FOR LIFE IS MORE THAN FOOD"
REMEMBER: THE KEY TO A DELICIOUS AND YUMMY DISH IS "ALWAYS" FRESH INGREDIENTS!

January 10, 2014

BRAISED BEEF BULGOGI WITH KOREAN RADISH AND BEETS KIMCHI

I think I already mastered the art of cooking Beef Bulgogi and thanks to my You Tube idol Maangchi for the Korean dish that she shares and unbelievably, every Korean dish that I cook is really superb. Now, I have my own version of Beef Bulgogi which is little different from the authentic Korean Bulgogi because for one, I braised it instead of the traditional roasting over open fire and second, I used the Bolar blade cut instead of the prime cuts as bolar blade is less expensive but with more flavors in it although contains several connective tissues. This connective tissues if not removed causes the beef meat to become firm and hard. So what I normally do with this is ask my butcher to remove those and cut it across the grain (rule of thumb for beef) and I will cook it by braising so I can achieve the tenderness of the meat I always wanted. 



INGREDIENTS:
500 grams Bolar Blade meat cut into bulgogi or cubes
1 medium size pear 
2 tbsp Soy sauce
2 tbsp Sesame oil
3 tbsp minced garlic
3 tbsp minces onion
some green onions
2 tbsp brown sugar
toasted sesame oil
pepper to taste

PROCEDURE:
  1. Put all the ingredients in a processor (except for the beef) and marinate over night (same procedure with the authentic Korean Beef Bulgogi recipe)
  2. After marinating, cook it over a crock pot or slow cooker in 30-45 minutes or until the meat is tender. 
  3. You can pinch it with a fork from time to time to check, you can add some few water if you can see that the liquid has evaporated to avoid burning.
  4. Once cooked and tender, prepare to plate and pair with steamed rice and radish and beets kimchi.
  5. Stay connected for the separate blog for the recipe radish and beets kimchi.
  6. Enjoy! 






Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment